Gomerdinger and Associates is looking for a talented individual interested in interning at a CPA firm focused on working with small and medium-sized businesses. We’re not your ordinary accounting firm. We are a growing firm that provides a wide a range of services to our clients. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking for a well-rounded experience with taxes, reviews/compilations, accounting, and consulting engagements.
Term of Internship: December – April/May, dependent on work load
***Full time employment may be considered upon completion***
The ideal candidate will be:
- A person who is on track for graduating with a degree in accounting in either 2016 or May 2017.
- Experience/ schooling in tax and financial statement preparation (through basic accounting courses).
- Team spirited
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Professional
- Knowledge or previous use of QuickBooks is beneficial but not required
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing client data files for financial statement reviews and tax return preparation
- Preparing client packets upon completion of engagements
- Scanning client documents
- Updating fixed asset depreciation records
- Personal property tax return preparation
- Assist in preparation of federal and state income tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly wage beginning at $15 per hour and is commensurate with experience
- Approximately 20 to 40 hours a week, flexible schedule
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org